Access to Wilmslow Park is available by foot at all times.
Social distancing at countryside sites
When visiting our countryside sites follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of 2 metres from anyone outside your household. Additional guidance can be found on the Government website (link opens in new window)
- General Wildlife Watching
About Wilmslow Park
Wilmslow Park is owned by Cheshire East Borough Council and has been managed by Bollin Valley Partnership since 1987. The site offers 17 acres of pleasant meadows and riverside walks and is in easy reach of Wilmslow Town centre.
Bollin Valley Partnership graze some of our English Longhorn cattle on the site during the summer months to help maintain the variety of wildflowers. The plants present range from Yellow Rattle (a plant of traditional hay meadows) on the dry banks to rushes and sedges in the damper areas.
Kingfishers and Sand Martins nest in the sandy banks. The rivers meanders make this a good place to study river processes.
Wilmslow Park was originally part of the estate of Bollin Hall,the last remnants of which have disappeared in the 1840's beneath the railway viaduct. It extends on both sides of the river and between two bridges- the iron one on Wilmslow Park Road and Vardon Bridge which carries Adlington Road - both of which date from the latter half of the 18th century.